Re: SANE 1.0.1 locks up system: Linux 2.2.10, Agfa SnapScan 1236s

David Brodbeck (gull@condor.resnet.mtu.edu)
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:50:19 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Kevin Charter wrote:

> You can find a patched version at
> http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~charter/SnapScan/snapscan.html

--> If you're talking about the September 9 version, I already tried it.
It makes no difference. I'm beginning to wonder if this is a kernel
driver bug in the fdomain driver...I've noticed Linux kernel developers
tend to break old adapters' code when putting in new ones, then neglect to
fix it because "noone would use anything that old..."

Did the faq on making the AHA-1505 that comes with the scanner work with
Linux ever get put together? That's the only other SCSI card I've got.