Re: Mustek SE 12000SP Pro with Domex DMX3191 PCI SCSI controler

Joern Krueger (jkrueger@muenster.de)
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 12:47:13 +0100

Juergen Gerhard wrote:
> > I recently bougth the 12000 SP Plus and it seems to work fine with
> > my Dawicontrol 2976 (UW).
>
> Sorry - mine is an SP Plus too, and not an SP Pro. But I had problems
> with my DC-2974, maybe caused by the fact that there were two CD devices
> (Fast SCSI) with the scanner (SCSI I) on the same SCSI bus.

Did you disable the Reconnect function for the Scanner?

> > After changing the mustek.* files and a recompile I get nice pictures
> > with xsane.
>
> What exactly did you change?

Some things, but the only one which seems to be necessary
is the SCSI ID of the scanner in the mustek.desc file.

:model "SE-12000SPp"
:comment "1 pass; (f/w == 1.01; scsi id XC06 S12IDW)"

Perhaps this is completly wrong and can damage the scanner, but
this works for me.

--
Bye, Joern