Re: Another Microtek Phantom 636 Problem

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:25:24 +0100

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 11:55:11PM +0100, Christoph wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> As I read in this mailingslists' archive many people are having
> problems with the Phantom 636 scanner from Microtek.
>
> I tried to get it working through the AVA-1505A Adapter it came with.
> So far the SCSI-Adapter seems to work ok.
>
> cat /proc/scsi/scsi returns:
>
> Attached devices:
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
> Vendor: IBM Model: DCAS-34330 Rev: S65A
> Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
> Vendor: IDE-CD Model: ReWritable-2x2x6 Rev: 3.01
> Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
> Vendor: Model: scanner V636A4 Rev: 1.20
> Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>
> But when I try to scan with scanimage the system totaly crashes!
> First I see the scanners led blinking once or twice then the system
> freezes
> and all that helps is a hard reset!

Does the scanhead at least move a little bit? If so, then it might be
that the SCSI setup is wrong. In most cases the settings for
disconnect/reconnect cause this problem.

If not, can you provide a trace with SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK2 and
SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI set to 30 (although I fear that the last lines
of trace will be missing, if the system freezes).

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de