Re: Problem installing xsane on Irix 6.5.2

A. MadPoet (madpoet@celtic.org)
Sun, 07 Nov 1999 16:17:41 -0600

Lee Bartolotti wrote:
> Yes, I am running it on an Indigo Elan R4400 running IRIX 6.5.3. I
> use the gcc compiler that comes on the ADA GNAT varsity CD from SGI.
> I set the following before running configure [for GIMP (1.1.11), SANE
> (1.0.1) and XSANE (0.42)]:
>
> setenv CC "gcc -n32"
> setenv CFLAGS '-I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -I/usr/local/include/libgimp'
> setenv CPPFLAGS '-I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -I/usr/local/include/libgimp'
> setenv PERL /usr/local/bin/perl
> setenv SGI_ABI -n32
> setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib
>
> This works for my system.
>
> Lee Bartolotti

Thanks for the advice Lee, still no go - will not get past the configure
script - same error. Did some reading on the sgi site - apparently
there are problems with gnu configure scripts... Looks like this is
going to take me some time.

The funny thing is I was able to get the SANE package from
freeware.sgi.com loaded, with all the dependencies in check - though
when I run GIMP I get

-------------Clip------------------------------------

/usr/people/madpoet/.gimp/plug-ins/xscanimage: GIMP support missing.
wire_read: unexpected EOF (plug-in crashed?)

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkpixmap.c: line 63: assertion `(width != 0) &&
(height != 0)' failed.

Damn I want off my windows box, with Star office running on my sparc,
and hopefully soon scanner support on the SGI, wont need the windows box
for anything but games *grins*

Well I am out for now - going to take a break...

Cheers,
Eric