Termination - Re: Agfa Snapscan 1236s, AVA1505 SCSI card, Linux kernel

David Crooke (dave@dcc.vu)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 00:31:24 -0500

Tim Allen wrote:

(snip)
> Finally got it working! The actual problem was the SCSI card was poorly
> seated in the ISA slot. I pulled it out and put it back in, and now it
> works. A little embarrassing :). And, curiously, it works without
> termination. This frightens me a bit, but as long as it works...

Most short single-ended SCSI-I buses work fine without termination, though
sometimes they go a bit slower (and more rarely, quicker). With a scanner it
won't make too much odds I suspect, it's data rate isn't going to set the house
on fire anyway :-)

--
David Crooke, Austin TX, USA. +1 (512) 795 0805
Bibendo ergo sum.