Re: umax parallel port scanners - how to log protocol

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 17:52:08 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, Dmitry Veprintsev wrote:

> i am using the latest - rc1 of vmware 1.1 (it was working in all beta
> 1.1). it really does connect via parport (i had to load it to get
> things running, and for parallel port specify /dev/parport0 in
> configuration). vmware 1.0 has only unidirectinal support with
> /dev/lp.

I stand corrected then. I must admit I haven't had a look at VMware
recently. Some months ago I'd been talking to a guy there about getting
it to use ppdev, and there had been problems with speed in the first cut.
I guess they sorted that.

Nice work. So it would be useful if ppdev would log all ioctls then? I
wonder if it would happen too fast for klogd to keep up..

Tim.
*/