Re: Error device I/O

Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 23:17:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Eduardo M. A. M. Mendes wrote:

> I am kind of missing the whole thing. I also tried to install sane-1.0.1-2 as
> rpm format. In this case it complains about libjeg.so.62 but I managed to
> compile sane-1.0.1 from tgz file!!!!
>
> Does anybody have the lastest version of sane, xsane, libjeg and libtiff (
> compatible, of course) in rpm format?

You have the latest RPM version I guess. (unless someone else updated it
without me noticing ;-)

But the packages was created on Red Hat Linux and unfortunatly SUSE
decided to do less obvious things a bit different so the binary RPM
packages don't work out that well. (Let's hope they work out the problems
one day and make sure this sort of incompatibilities is a thing of the
past.)

Just get yourself the source RPM package and recompile it for your suse
system. All you need to do is:

* rpm -Uvh sane*.src.rpm
* cd /usr/src/redhat/SPEC
* rpm -bb --clean sane.spec
* cd ../RPMS/i386
* rpm -Uvh sane*.rpm

Quite simple to do in fact (As I am not a rocket scientist at all;-)

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/