Re: what scanner is supported better by current sane

Adam Williams (awilliam@whitemice.org)
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:48:47 +0000

On Sep 8, 2:32pm, Nikolay N. Igotti wrote:
> Subject: what scanner is supported better by current sane
> Hello,
> Now I'm choosing scaner to buy, and would like to hear your opinion.
> As I've understood, I should buy SCSI scanner and cheap SCSI card.
> I need midrange scanner for about $120-$160.
> Which one is currently supported better?
> I need quality color scanning.

See the sane web page, they list all supported scanners. I hace an GP 4c that
works good, other people I deal with use Artec with good reports. Other than
speed diffrences most scanners handle things like photo scanning with little
fuss.