Re: SANE V2 - again...

abel deuring (a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 19:34:14 +0200

Oliver Rauch wrote:

> Nick Lamb wrote:
>
> > Should all these data be
> > > considered as one data stream by the backend / frontend API,
> > > or should there be provisions to allow multiple data
> > > streams? I am sure that Tom Martone and other people working
> > > with this class of scanners have already thought about it,
> > > so I would like hear comments from them.
> >
> > There is a provision for multiple data frames, so the question
> > is: Should we use it for this in SANE 2.0, and I think the
> > answer has to be "Yes", unless there's a better idea.
> >
> > (SANE 1.0 doesn't use multiple data frames for this purpose,
> > but it does provide them for several other reasons anyway)
> >

> Hm, can anyone tell me for what that shall be good?

Hi Oliver,

I simply wondered how Tom's backend/frontend combination handles the
different types and sets of data (ASCII/pixel data) for one scan, and if
there should be any kind of hints given by the backend to the frontend,
how to handle these sets of data: should they be stored just in one
file, or in several files, for example.

Abel