Re: Acer Scanners

Greg Lehey (grog@lemis.com)
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 13:23:53 +0930

On Saturday, 21 August 1999 at 13:46:52 +1000, Menaka Lashitha Bandara wrote:
> I have an Acer 610S scanner, and the only thing stopping me from
> deleting my windows partition is the scanner. Since Sane doesn't have
> support for this, I wrote to the people at Acer. They asked me a few
> questions, which I would rather someone more experienced answered. He
> also wanted some help if they were to write a driver... so who shall
> I recommend?

Funny you should mention that. Gary <gmp@superlink.net> has done a
driver for the 620S, but he did it without any support from Acer, and
he wasn't very happy with the results, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to
follow up. At least you have somebody to talk to at Acer :-)

I have a 620U (USB connect), and I'd really like to write a driver for
it. Is your Acer contact in Australia? If so, I could have a chat
with him. I'd also be prepared to do the work, especially if they pay
for it. We should probably follow this up off-line.

Greg