Re: Discussion about SANE and TWAIN...

252353N@knotes.kodak.com
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:14:25 -0400

From: Mark McLaughlin

Hi Steve...

I agree. Which is why the creation of a single TWAIN Source
that talks to any SANE driver is a good thing, since it needs
only be done once for any platform (or once for all platforms
if written as portable code). This would allow you to write
SANE drivers for your devices and receive the benefit of
those drivers' devices being used by TWAIN applications,
that otherwise might not be able to get to them...

-- Mark

Stephen Williams <steve@icarus.com> on 08/11/99 02:08:11 PM