Re: SV: modprobe

Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:40:25 +0100 (GMT)

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Pamela Akazawa wrote:

> I must say I have tried all the suggestions from this mail group but
> unfortunatley i have come up with nothing. i suspect there are more than a
> few of us out there. As I said before ther must be something else we need to
> do. even if the scanner is not supported I would expect SANE to see it but
> not work properly
> any ideas anyone.

No. SANE doesn't have any way to know if something "might" be a scanner --
It can only list devices which are supported in SANE, and let you pick one
to scan from.

What you are seeing (ie scanner is recognised, SCSI generic loaded etc.
but SANE doesn't report your scanner) is exactly what's supposed to happen
if your scanner isn't supported.

Sorry -- looks like you're out of luck

Nick.