Re: Artec AT6 yet again (or is the card or the scanner) ((or is it sane or the kernel))

Brian B. (ixnay@wws.net)
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 19:10:42 -0500

aanderson,

Ok just to recap...
you are using the 1520b host adapter with no problems other than with SANE.
Your scanner scans but locks up ocassionaly but comes back after a few
moments.

But you had to write and apply a patch to 2.2.10 to get this behavior.

And I am having no luck with the 1520a and kernels 2.2.4, 2.2.5, 2.2.10, or the
2.3.x kernels.

I havent heard from anyone else on the AT6 scanner except for this...

>>From charlesj@microsoft.com Tue Jun 15 18:53:16 1999
>>From: Charles Johnston <charlesj@microsoft.com>
>>To: "Brian B." <ixnay@wws.net>
>>Subject: RE: Artec AT6 scanner
>>Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:42:00 -0700

>>It's been a while since I used it, but I've used version 0.74 and 1.00.
>>There were problems in the past, but the only issues I had seen with recent
>>code was misalignment (mentioned on the site) and a green bar down one side.
>>All of the scanning modes (Full Color, line art, etc.) worked the last time
>>I used it, as well as different scanning resolutions.

>>I didn't have to do anything special to get it to work. I just compiled it.
>>I didn't use the scsi card that came with the scanner, but I've heard rumors
>>that there is support for it under Linux now.

>>I only used the xscanimage application in conjunction with the GIMP photo
>>editing software.

>>Charles Johnston
>>charlesj@microsoft.com

And before any one says well try sane 0.74 or 1.00 I did to prevail.

Brian