Re: Umax 1200S on LinuxPPC R5

Douglas Gilbert (dgilbert@interlog.com)
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 22:47:34 -0400

Simon Piette wrote:

> Douglas Gilbert wrote:
> > So the sg device on your box has no trouble handling SCSI
> > INQUIRY commands. You may like to try "sginfo -a /dev/sgf"
> > to see if mode page info comes out ok. My 1220S only
> > defines a few mode pages. "sginfo" is in the same tarball
> > referred to above (it is a "sg" equivalent of Eric Youngdale's
> > scsiinfo program). You may also find "sginfo -l" interesting.
>
> I was unable to compile sginfo, there is an error in sginfo.c :
>
> sginfo.c:1675: warning: comparison is always 1 due to limited range of data type
>
> This line is while ((c = getopt(argc, argv, "agdcfisDeCXmMSRvlnLpVF:")) != EOF) {
>
> So it is simply unable to take any arguments.

Ouch,
So the 'char' type is unsigned when you compile ...
That's is a nasty surprise (scsiinfo has the same bug).
['gcc -pedantic -Wall' wasn't enough to get the compiler
to tell me that, it needed '-funsigned-char' as well.]

Anyway I have put up a new version of my utilities at
http://www.torque.net/sg [and follow utilities link]

and that should fix it.

Doug Gilbert