Re: Umax 1200S on LinuxPPC R5

Simon Piette (spiette@generation.net)
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:23:37 -0400

Oliver Rauch wrote:

> Simon Piette wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yes, the kernel got it compiled in (not as a module). So, dmesg give:

> > Detected scsi removable disk sdd at scsi1, channel 0, id 2, lun 0
> > Vendor: UMAX Model: Astra 1200S Rev: V1.3
> > Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> > Detected scsi generic sgf at scsi1, channel 0, id 5, lun 0
> > scsi : detected 1 SCSI cdrom 4 SCSI disks total.
> > sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 10x/10x xa/form2 cdda tray
>
> Hm,
>
> did you test it as root, are the permissions
> of /dev/sgf ok (read and write) ?

Yes, Yes

> try:
>
> export SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=10
> and then call (x)scanimage

OK. Here is the output. We're going foward: It's says "handled as DEVICE
BUSY!" Should I recompile the kernel with SCSI GENERIC as a module,
instead of built-in?

[sanei_init_debug]: Setting debug level of umax to 10.
[umax] sane_init
[umax] This is sane-umax version 1.0 build 3
[umax] (C) 1997-1999 by Oliver Rauch
[umax] EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE
[umax] attach_scanner: opening /dev/sgf
[umax] init
[umax] backend runs on big endian machine
[umax] initialize_values
[umax] identify_scanner
[umax] do_inquiry
[umax] check condition sense handler
[umax] invalid sense key => handled as DEVICE BUSY!
[umax] check condition sense handler
[umax] invalid sense key => handled as DEVICE BUSY!
[umax] attach_scanner: scanner-identification failed
[umax] attach_scanner: opening /dev/scanner
[umax] init
[umax] backend runs on big endian machine
[umax] initialize_values
[umax] identify_scanner
[umax] do_inquiry
[umax] check condition sense handler
[umax] invalid sense key => handled as DEVICE BUSY!
[umax] check condition sense handler
[umax] invalid sense key => handled as DEVICE BUSY!
[umax] attach_scanner: scanner-identification failed
[umax] sane_get_devices
0: 00000000000000 .......
0: 00000000000000 .......
0: 00000000000000 .......