Re: [PARPORT] BETA test, new ppSCSI drivers

Bernd Schroeder (Bernd.M.Schroeder@gmx.de)
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 15:58:46 +0200 (MEST)

> On Fri, Jun 18, 1999 at 05:46:48PM +0300, Juha Sahakangas wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Bernd Schroeder wrote:
> >
> > > As a first step to solve the problem, please send me the output of
> > > the scanner attributes. They are printed to stderr if you set
> > > 'option dump 1' in the microtek2.conf file.
>
> I'll note the differences:
>

> > Here is for Phantom 330 CX :
> >

> Mine is labeled Phantom 336 CX (but is detected as 330)
>
> > --
> >

> > Scanner attributes from device structure
> >
> > Scanner ID...
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > Vendor Name: ' '
> > Model Name: ' scanner 330CS '
>
> same
>
> > Revision: '1.28'
>
> Revision: '1.34'
>
> > Model Code: 0x94 (Phantom 336 CX or ScanMaker 330 CX)
>
> I should correct my patch: I think it should be
> 'Phantom 336 CX or 330 CX'
>
> > Device Type Code: 0x06 (Scanner),
> > Scanner type: Flatbed scanner
> > Supported options: Automatic document feeder: No
> > Transparency media adapter: No
> > Auto paper detecting: Yes
> > Advanced picture system: No
> > Stripes: No
> > Slides: No
> > Scan button: Yes
>
> same (even if I have no button on the scanner)

I have checked the SCSI commands and replies that you sent in
a different mail. The replies are printed as they are returned
from the scanner.

Your model definitely insists that it has a scan button.
Unfortunately it is sometimes a problem, that the device does
not behave as indicated by the result of the "read scanner
attributes" command (see also the "TMA does not work with X6"
thread, and there are other examples, too).

I have also checked the settings for the scan area from the
"set window" command. They are correct, the top y position is set
to 0, and the length of the scan area is set to 3495, which is the
geometric height as printed to stderr in the scanner attributes.

At the moment I don't understand, why there should be an offset or why
it tries to scan beyond the scan area, but I will try to figure it
out. Also, from the backend's point of view there is no difference
between a preview and a normal scan, except, that for previews
a fastscan mode is enabled.

Bernd

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net