Re: microtek x6 (Firmware 1.3) problem

Harald Finster (finster@ave.ac.agit.de)
Thu, 20 May 1999 08:48:43 +0200

Bernd Schroeder wrote:

> > boot with parameters aha152x="0x140,11,7,0,1"
> > sane V1.0 / sane V1.0.1
>
> If possible do not change the default settings for this adapter.
> If the scanner moves the scanhead a little bit, this is usually
> an indication, that the settings for disconnect/reconnect are
> wrong. Try it with aha152x="0x140,11,7,1,1 . This is what I use
> (with interrupt 10 instead of 11).

Thank you for the input.
Yes, you are right, I played around with theese settings yesterday
and found "140,11,7,1,(don't care) to be working.
This is a bit strange, because (according to SuSE's documentation)
the 4th parameter is 'reconnect', which should be 0 according
to the default settings of the scsi-adapter.
(At least, that's what I found with the DOS-setup tool, which
comes with the card.)

> Once the scanner is running and you experience problems with
> wrong (transposed) colors, you should download the 0.7 release
> of the backend from

That's exactly, what I experienced :-)
I will try 0.7, thank you very much!!

Greetings

Harald

--
Windows is not the answer. Windows is the question. The answer is LINUX!
Harald Finster