RE: saned: process_request: received unexpected procedure number 0

Scott Wells (scott@wells-inc.com)
Tue, 18 May 1999 16:13:36 -0500

I don't think the issue encountered is unique to the SnapScan, though. I'm
having the EXACT same problems with my Microtek X6 EL. When I try to access
it across the network using saned through inetd, I see this exact error in
my syslog output:

<hostname> saned[<pid>]: process_request: received unexpected procedure
number 0
<hostname> saned[<pid>]: exiting

Detlev, try taking saned out of inetd.conf and running it as a standalone
server using 'saned -d'. I bet it works fine that way.

I think this problem is in saned, not in any of the drivers. If not,
someone PLEASE tell me what's going on so that I can use my scanner across
the network.

Scott Wells