Re: saned: process_request: received unexpected procedure number 0

Kevin Charter (charter@cs.rice.edu)
Tue, 18 May 1999 15:48:56 -0500

Wolfgang Goeller wrote:

> Hello
>
> > I try to enable Network access to my Agfa-Snapscan via saned.
> > I compiled the whole SANE-Package on my Linux-box (SuSE 6.1 with SANE
> > 1.00
>
> actually the AGFA-Snapscan does work locally rather well - but
> either in the snapscan or in the sane-net-backend there's a bug.
> It's long known. Normally it's a difference between the expected
> and received bytes.
> If you use a high debug-level you will see what's wrong.
> There's work ongoing but Kevin is very busy might be someone
> else could debug the code.

Yes, there is definitely a bug in the SnapScan data buffering, and
it's something have had only good intentions about for nine months.
I've got a couple of hours I can spend on it tonight. I'll see what
I can do, and if I can fix it in a day or two I will. Otherwise
I'll try to hand it off to somebody else.

Kevin

--
Kevin Charter                                          Ph.D. Student
charter@cs.rice.edu                   Department of Computer Science