Re: Coolscan LS-30 + best scanner

David Fox (dsfox@cogsci.ucsd.edu)
15 May 1999 22:36:43 -0700

Chris Bitmead <chris.bitmead@bigfoot.com> writes:

> Fred Willingham wrote:
> >
> > I am willing to sign. I have a registered company name, too. Does anyone
> > have a contact person or e-mail address?
>
> I'm not sure what to do. I need to buy a film scanner in the next week.
> I saw a comparison of the HP Photosmart and Coolscan and the Coolscan
> looked way better, with more saturated colours (although I don't know
> how much of that is software related and thus not Linux applicable). I
> havn't seen any comparison of the Canon 2700F.

I just ordered a Coolscan-III. I guess I'm going to use it under
Windows for the time being. I asked for technical docs, and Nikon
sent me a manual called just "Coolscan" dated Sept. 93. This was a
while ago, and I just figured out the difference recently.

--
David Fox           http://hci.ucsd.edu/dsf             xoF divaD
UCSD HCI Lab                                         baL ICH DSCU