Re: re Mustek scanner

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Tue, 11 May 1999 07:54:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Norman Elliott wrote:

> My Advansys 2930U SCSI card can see my
> Mustek SE6000SP scanner but scanimage -T
> reports no SANE devices found.
> find-scanner finds nothing.
> This is true when I am logged in as root
> so it doesn't seem to be a permissions
> problem.

Do you have generic scsi support active? Check in /proc/devices to see it
is.

> I have a link /dev/scanner pointing to /dev/sgg
> which I believe is SCSI ID 6. This is the SCSI
> ID my scanner is set to.

/dev/sgg means it is the seventh SCSI devices on the machine. Not ID 6. So
if you only have devices on scsi ID's 4 and 6 it should be /dev/sgb

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |