Re: HEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Luca Del Signore (lucadels@tin.it)
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 14:00:15 +0000

"Dr. Andreas Bolsch" wrote:

> Well, the boot messages are not very informative. As your scanner
> *does* something, the problem is probably not (only) the SCSI card or
> termination but the backend. Problems with termination lead usually
> either to spurious problems or to complete deadlock before the scanner
> does anything.
>
> So do
>
> export SANE_DEBUG_SCSI=128
> export SANE_DEBUG_...=128
> scanimage ... >/dev/null
>
> and send us the debug output.
> For "..." look at the man page of the backend you are going to
> use. As your scanner is an artec "man sane-artec" should work.

I dont really know how to make it... I tried "man sane-artec" but
nothing was found...but I have SANE correctly installed even as a
plug-in...
And for what concern the debug operations, it sounds like arab to me :((
dont you know a simpler way to let me show you what's happening in my
system
Regards
Luca del Signore