Re: sane and Agfa 1236s

Kevin Charter (charter@cs.rice.edu)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 00:38:13 -0500

Josh Udall wrote:

> Newbie help with install -
>
> I'd like to finally get the latest sane working but I have a
> problem with the install. My recent motivation has been the
> Staroffice compatibility.
> Running RH 5.2 - nearly out of box.
>
> after "make install" (as root of course)
> I get a loop in the install script. see below.

It doesn't look like a loop to me. You go through the installation
of a number of backends, from abaton to canon; there is a similar
message printed at the end of each backend install. You wouldn't
find any devices if you interrupted the install here, because the
backend for your scanner is the snapscan backend, which is quite
far down on the list.

Try letting the install finish and running scanimage again.

> I added /usr/local/lib/sane to my ld.so.conf then ran
> ldconfig.
> When I try scanimage, I get :
> scanimage: no SANE devices found
>
> How do I tell my machine there's a new? device.
>
> I'm using an adaptec 1542 ISA Scsi card - it is built in my
> kernel.

Kevin