Re: Mustek 1200SP/12000SP Firmware-1.05

*** Gaetano Paolone *** (bigpaul@flashnet.it)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:55:59 +0200

Bjoern Buerger wrote:

> "Dr. Andreas Bolsch" wrote:
> I put some sample scans with different settings to
> http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0004855/sane/katalog.html

images are the same as mine! SAME PROBLEM!

> Maybe this helps you to understand the problem.
>
> As you can see,
> Lineart, Halftone and gray are allmost ok, the
> previewscans are ok, color scans up to 30 dpi are ok,
> but every resolution over 30 dpi (color) is not.

MEE TOO - SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!

> color_halftone and color_lineart leave silly results,
> with about 85% black and some weird pixels in it.
MEE TOO - SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!

> sometimes forced backtracking changes the result, sometimes
> not - I don't really understand why ...

> > And it might be interesting to know the type of SCSI card.
> > The ones shipped with Mustek's scanners are notoriously
> > troublesome. Einfach graesslich.
>
> I use a Adaptec 2940W PCI card.

I use Advansys PCI card (Adaptec 2940W compatible), not the one shipped
with the scanner

> The Scanner is a Mustek Paragon 1200SP *but* :
> The Label on the front side (above the LED) sais: 1200SP
> The Label on the back: Flatbed Scanner Modell No. MFS - 12000 SP

I have exactly the same model

> Please help :-)
Yes! please help us we are three sane-users with the same
scanner with the same problems!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Gaetano Paolone
Gaetano@poboxes.com