Re: Link from SANE pages to Windows clients

Andreas Dilger (adilger@enel.ucalgary.ca)
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 16:19:02 -0600 (MDT)

Petter writes:
> WinSANE 0.0.0.0
> <URL:http://www.sunshinecomputing.com/winsane/>
>
> WinSANE 0.9 / TWAIN driver
> <URL:http://integramicro.com/winsane/>
>
> Have anyone gotten these to work? Which scanners / OSes?

I tried WinSANE 0.9, but couldn't get it to work. The scanimage command-
line worked fine, and the TWAIN driver appeared in the Adobe PhotoDeluxe
menu, but the scanner never worked. I have a UMAX 1220S/Linux + Win95.

> BTW: Why are these peoples not cooperating, and why do they not work
> from WinNT to an HP scanner. :-(

I tried contacting the WinSANE 0.9 developer, but never a reply, and I
don't think the program has been updated since it was initially created.

I will have a look at 0.0.0.0, but IIRC, it does not have a TWAIN front-end.
Thanks for the URL.

Cheers, Andreas

--
Andreas Dilger   University of Calgary  \"If a man ate a pound of pasta and
                 Micronet Research Group \ a pound of antipasto, would they