Re: microtek2 driver

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 08:31:05 +0100

On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 06:59:39PM -0500, Christopher Curtis wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Bernd Schroeder wrote:
>
> > The error 'invalid argument' normally occurs if the frontend is not
> > called with correct arguments. Did you invoke scanimage with
> > scanimage -d microtek2:/dev/scanner
>
> Yes.

I just checked the code again, and the only place where this can happen
at the beginning of a scan, is indeed, when the backend tries to open
the device. Are the permissions of /dev/scanner or, if it is a link,
the device /dev/scanner points to, correctly set ?

> > There exists a newer version of the backend on
> > ftp://ftp.muc.de/people/bernds/mtek2/microtek2-pre0.6.291298.tar.gz .
>
> Thanks.
>
> > Hint: If you want to add the V310 check the function check_inquiry()
> > in microtek2.c.
>

> find-scanner: found scanner " Scanner 300A4 4.11" at device /dev/scanner
>
> if that is of any importance to you. It is a MicroTek ScanMaker V310.

I have received your mail and have added the missing include. Does
it now work ?

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder