Re: SANE 1.0 and FreeBSD

Peter Kirchgessner (peter@kirchgessner.net)
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 23:36:20 +0100

Stingray wrote:
> I downloaded and compiled SANE 1.0 on my FreeBSD 2.2.6 system.
> I have a HP scanjet 6200c, which is supported, right? When the
> system boots, the SCSI card is found (adaptec 1520) then it assigns
> uk0 to the scanner so thats the device I specified in hp.conf:

> [sanei_init_debug]: Setting debug level of hp to 4.
> [hp] init called
> [hp] get_devices called
> [hp] scsi_inquire: sending INQUIRE
> [hp] scsi_inquire: inquiry failed: Device busy
> [hp] /dev/uk0: Can't open scsi device
> [hp] exit called

Hi,

opening of the device was ok (sanei_scsi_open()).
Then it tried to send an inquire command to get manufacturer,
model and firmware date from the scanner.
This inquiry failed. So it seems to be a problem with the connection
of the scanner to the system.
Anybody else who knows FreeBSD with a good idea ?

-- Peter

--
Peter Kirchgessner
WWW:    http://www.kirchgessner.net