Re: Strage behavior (MFS-1200SP & sane 0.73)

Terry Mackintosh (terry@terrym.com)
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 13:55:12 -0400 (EDT)

Maybe there is a limit switch in the scanner that came loose and fell out
of place?

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Anthony Mallet wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm experiencing a (very) strange behavior with my Mustek 1200SP (rev 1.06)
> and sane 0.73 (under linux 2.1.117). I'm not sure if it is a software or a
> hardware bug.
>
> First, everything was ok (cool, isn't it ;)
>
> Two days ago, I began a scan, and the head went too far away (though it
> NEVER EVER did that before, and I did NOT CHANGE ANYTHING to my
> box...). The mustek began to make frightening noise and I swtiched it off
> immediately.
>
> Since that day, the scanning-head does NOT RETURN to the HOME POSITION
> after a scan (but everything else is ok) and I must switch the mustek off
> and on.
>
> So, it looks like a hardware bug since I did not change any software, but
> I'm not sure there is a 'specialized' hardware in the scanner that only
> controls the 'home return' of the head. I sent a mail to mustek-support
> (europe) but they do not seem to answer it, so I'm a bit lost...
>
> If anyone has an idea...
> Anthony

Terry Mackintosh <terry@terrym.com> http://www.terrym.com
sysadmin/owner Please! No MIME encoded or HTML mail, unless needed.

Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3, PHP 3, PostgreSQL 6.3