Re: Just a question...

Thomas Heidel (theidel@advis.de)
Thu, 08 Oct 1998 19:10:44 +0200

Daniel Stodden wrote:

> "A. R. M." <amojahed@julian.uwo.ca> writes:
>
> > Nope!
> > Scanner is the type. (type of scsi device)
> >
> > : For Linux you can specify the device by the vendor,
> > : model, controller no., SCSI-ID, e.g. I've placed
> > : scsi SCANNER * * * * 6
> > : in my mustek.conf, where 6 refers to ID 6.
> > : (SCANNER is the vendor string --- funny!)
> >

> re-nope.
> for mustek's scanexpress, SCANNER is indeed the vendorstring.
>
> stop rotf, thats _not_ funny :)
>
> regards,
> daniel

re-re-nope.

for the Mustek ScanMagic 4830 S it looks like the vendor string is
"FLATBED SCANNER"! But if you look carefull on what inquiery returns,
you can _guess_ the real vendor is "TECO". I wounder if this is true for
more
Mustek Scaners other than the ScanMagic 4830? My be I get my scanner
in this way on the suported list.
ciao,
thomas.