Re: Oops artec problems (was Re: apple scanner backend hangs when

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 08:12:33 +0200 (CEST)

On 20 Sep 1998, Kevin Dalley wrote:

> Oops, when I comment out artec, but leave apple, then everything works
> fine.
>
> When I run xscanimage with no options from sane-0.74 and with apple
> commented out of dll.conf, a menu pops up which allows me to select a
> device from the following list:
>
> umax:/dev/scanner
> umax:/dev/sgb
> pnm:0
> pnm:1
>
> If I choose a umax option and try to scan, the scanner hangs. On the
> other hand, if I run "xscanimage umax", the scanner works fine.
>
> When I place apple back in, but comment out artec, then everything
> works fine. I suspect that either artec, or artec and Umax combined
> have some problems which need to be ironed out.
>
> By the way, I am running Linux 2.0.35 under the Debian release.

If you check the mailinglist you will find this is a known issue. Standard
operation would be to leave out all the scanner types but the one you
need.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |