Re: UMAX Astra 1220S, 0.74 seems to be dead

Werner Arnhold (werner@arnhold.snafu.de)
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 19:01:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Werner Arnhold wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have problems with my new Astra 1220. I compiled 0.74. When I invoke
> > xscanimage, it seems to hang, scanimage -L the same. The scanner is to be
> > seen as:
> >
> > Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
> > Vendor: UMAX Model: Astra 1220S Rev: V1.2
> > Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> >
> > on an Adaptec 1542 board. Under Win 3.11 it works. I set the debug env
> > variables and catched the output from xscanimage in the attatched file up
> > to the point where the program hangs. For scanimage -L the output is very
> > similar.
> >
> > The most curious: when calling
> >
> > scanimage -d umax:/dev/scanner > /tmp/b.pnm
> >
> > the scanner works and gives a nice picture in p.pnm. Anyone understanding
> > this? I not.
>
> Please remove all backends from the config file except the one you need.

Which backends and which config file do you mean? The *.conf in
/usr/local/etc/sane.d? The backends in the /usr/local/lib/sane dir? Or one
of the config.* in the main source dir? Or something different?

Werner

Werner Arnhold Fritz-Karsen-Schule
Feldspatweg 7 Onkel-Bräsig-Str. 76-78
D-12349 Berlin D-12359 Berlin