Re: problems with sgi/umax

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 13:31:20 +0200

Didier Carlier wrote:

> On 24-Jul-98 Oliver Rauch wrote:
> > Hi Didier,
> >
> > it looks like the modulo(%) function:
> >
> > s->row_bufsize - (s->row_bufsize % row_len)
> >
> > makes problems with such big arguments (8*1024*1024)
> > and returns 0 in the described case.
> >
> > I replaced it by a (long)-integer division in the umax-backend.
>
> Strange, I can't reproduce that here (egcs + pentium). As long as
> s->row_bufsize fits on 32 bits, the result looks ok.
>
> Does that change fixes the problem reported by Chinedum Osuji ?

Hi Didier,

it is not tested yet.

My backend prints row_bufsize after the modulo-function, so
I know that it is 8MB if the image is greater than 4MB,
so the modulo-function seems to return 0 on SGI in that case.

I sent a patch to david for the umax-backend, I hope he included it
into sane-0.74, then we will se!

Bye
Oliver