Re: Suggestions? Microtek ScanMaker X6?

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 00:35:20 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 06, 1998 at 07:59:17PM -0500, Michael Land Morgan wrote:
> A SCSI version of this scanner exists, however. It might be called the
> Macintosh version. I'll be trying to avoid parallel port devices, anyway.

Ok. Provided that the X6 uses the SCSI-2 command set, the microtek(2)
backend should support this model. Version 0.3 of the backend that will
be distributed with the next release of sane has some preliminary support
for scanners with more than 8 bit per color output data (like the X6).

However, this functionality is *completely* untested, so I suppose that
it won't work at the first go. To my knowledge this is the first time
that someone wants to to use this model with sane.

To sum up: It is intended to support such scanners, but I doubt that
it works at present without flaws. If someone has already an X6 and
tries to use it with sane: I am interested in any trace/debug information.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de