Re: Mustek Paragon 1200 SP Pro

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 01:51:19 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 18, 1998 at 08:11:20PM +0200, Miguel Alvarez Blanco wrote:

> [dll] init: initializing backend `mustek'
> [mustek] attach: opening /dev/sga as scsi device
> [mustek] attach: sending INQUIRY
> [mustek] scsi_wait_ready: sending TEST_UNIT_READY
> [mustek] attach: firmware revision 2.01
> [mustek] attach: unknown model `FS-1200SPPRO'
> [mustek] attach: opening /dev/scanner as scsi device
> ....repeats with /dev/scanner....
> scanimage: open of device mustek:/dev/scanner failed: Invalid argument
> ....then lots of trials with different backends, being the last:
> [dll] init: initializing backend `microtek2'
> ....and, after some SCSI commands, it hangs.

Unfortunately I can't help with the Mustek backend, but the microtek2
backend, that was distributed with sane-0.73, has a bug, that might
cause the system to hang under some circumstances. I suggest that you
remove the entry for this backend in the 'dll.conf' file if you don't
own such a scanner.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder