Re: Problems with Microtek ScanMaker 630

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 00:40:33 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 15, 1998 at 09:52:32AM +0000, Christian Asam wrote:
> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

[...]

> > Did you try a bunch of test without X11 running to see iff you could scan
> > from the command line without problems?
> I cant scan from the command line, as scanimage always segfaults.
> xscanimage works fine otherwise, standalone and as gimp-plugin.

It might indeed be helpful to know if the same thing happens if the
scan is executed with scanimage.

I have noticed a bug in the backend and (hopefully) have fixed it in
the 0.3 version, that causes scanimage to crash with sigsegv at the end
of a scan. If in your case scanimage crashes at the end of the scan, too,
it should be possible to view the image with xv, though. xv complains
that the image is truncated, but presents it properly, except that some
few lines at the bottom of the image are missing.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de