Re: Compiling 0.73 fails with egcs-1.0.3a

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 08:15:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998 rodgerd@ihug.co.nz wrote:

> Self explanatory, really; the system grinds slowly to a halt with load
> increasing and free memory decreasing until:
>
> gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPATH_SANE_CONFIG_DIR=/usr/local/etc/sane.d -DPATH_SANE_DATA_DIR=/usr/local/share -DV_MAJOR=0 -DV_MINOR=73 -DBACKEND_NAME=umax -DLIBDIR=/usr/local/lib/sane -fPIC -DPIC umax.c

Try again without optimalization. I guess we should send sane to the GCC
team to let them analyze this as we seem to hit a rare condition in GCC
that result in this ackward thing.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |