Re: new UMAX-Patch available

Matto Marjanovic (maddog@mir.com)
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 14:07:50 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 07:59:50 +0200 (MET DST)
From: R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl (Rogier Wolff)

William L. Sebok wrote:

> Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE says:
>
> > It looks like a white calibration table for each pixel of the ccd that
> > is used for the requested scan. So - I think - if a CCD-pixel has an other
> This sort of correction has to be done very carefully when one uses
> a ccd camera for Astronomical purposes. It's called a "flat-field"
> calibration and was often done by taking pictures of the inside of

My scanner, the Tamarack 12000C, does this on its own whenever you tell
it to start scanning. Pain in the A**: It does this EVERY time you tell
it to scan, not just the first time during every session.

Is there any subtle command to tell it to not calibrate?
The Microtek(1) scanners have a bit you can set to force them to not
calibrate at the start of a scan. Of course, in Microtek-style, if
the scanner is not calibrated once to start with, it silently resets
itself and hangs the scsi bus....

-matt m.