Re: When will SANE we gtk+-0.99.8 compliant?

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 09:50:14 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> >> Last but not least, the documentation which comes with Sane, is
> >> quite brief on the following. What to do, when you installed Sane
> >> with make install, to get your HP Scanjet to work (adding a
> >> device in /dev and so on).
>
> Hugo> The documentation is frank enough about the statement that a
> Hugo> lot needs to be done yet in regard to the documentation.
>
> How about the tutorial that's available on the SANE home page (the
> Linux Journal article that appeared in the March 1998 issues?). We
> could certainly include it in the distribution if there is a feeling
> that it would be of value.

Another thing is the source of the documentation. I do prefer to use SGML
as SGML allows us to generate documentation in PostScript, Text & HTML
very easily. (Not to mention it also makes up for a host of other
formats.)

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |