Re: Agfa SnapScan 310?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikko_Ty=F6l=E4j=E4rvi?= (mikko@dynas.se)
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 12:58:13 +0100 (CET)

On 7 Mar 1998, Samuli Ylinen wrote:

> Agfa SnapScan is sold quite cheaply here in Finland (for a month).

In Sweden too...

> What's the situation with it and Sane? The whole SnapScan
> driver is beta... And there are some patches for SnapScan 310.

Most of the patches are already applied to the 0.71 release, I think.

> How is it working now? Does anybody know which SCSI-adapter
> comes in SnapScan 310 package?

It works fairly well. 300x600 doesn't work yet, and there are some
problems running it as a gimp plugin, but someone is likely to fix
that before long (not promising I will be the one to do it, though).

Assuming Agfa sells the same package in Finland as they do in Sweden,
(highly likely) the SCSI card is an Adaptec 1505 Plug-and-Play (the
chip was labelled AIC 6365, I think - but I'm not about to open the
machine right now). Anyway, disabling plug-and-pray using the
configuration program on one of the CDs made it work with FreeBSD at
least. My guess is it will work with anything having an aic driver,
or claiming to support the Adaptec 1505.

Regards,
/Mikko