Re: Astra 6X0S colormode

Nicolas Lucas de Peslouan (nlp@usa.net)
Mon, 09 Feb 1998 19:32:53 +0100

Hi Oliver,

Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE wrote:
> The Astra 600S works in colormode with exact 300 dpi
> now, may be the 610S does it, too!
> Support for other resolutions will come!

The new patch seems to work for Astra 610S too !

As expected, the only resolution supported is 300 dpi.

Here are some strange things :

- The scan area apparently miss ~1 cm on the left side of the picture.
(That is, the offset from left margin is ~1 cm greater than requested).
No trouble with the top margin, nor with image width / height. If
scanning the full width, the right margin end with a grey area, ~30-35
pixel large, that look like the physical border of the scanner :-). This
problem exists both in grey and color mode.

- The PNM files produced by [x]scanimage miss some data at the end. For
a 1299x1889 image, the file is 7330294 long, instead of 7361470
(1299x1889x3+37 bytes of header). For a 330x586 image, the file is
572255 long, instead of 580175 (330x586x3+35 bytes of header). In both
cases, we miss 8 whole lines of data. This problem exists only in color
mode.

'hope this would help !

Thanks for the work !

Nicolas.