Off topic - junk mail

Julian Coleman (J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk)
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 09:08:33 +0000 (GMT)

Some lowlife spammed the list with junk that included :
> To be removed from this mailing list, simply hit reply and type
> REMOVE in the subject line. Thank you, Xceed Communications.

I gather that this is a good way to determine which of a list of email
addresses is valid. Anyone that replies must have a valid address and is,
thus, a target for more junk mail. I would advise _not_ replying to any
junk mail.

PS. SANE now runs fine on my NetBSD/Sparc. There were some bugs in the
4/330 SCSI code in NetBSD 1.3. Now to compile 0.70 + GTK + GIMP ... :-)

--
    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA

S.E.P.