Re: sane-0.70 is out

Kevin R. Charter (charter@cs.ualberta.ca)
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:29:13 -0700

Sascha Ziemann wrote:

> David Mosberger-Tang wrote:
>
> > Just uploaded sane-0.70
>
> Some problems:
> * When I start xscannimage I get this funny message:
>
> szi@olivia:~$ gimp
> query plug-in: "/home/szi/.gimp/plug-ins/xscanimage"
> [snapscan] add_device: "HP C2520A " is not an AGFA SnapScan
> [snapscan] sane_snapscan_init: failed to add device "/dev/scanner"
>
> I never told SANE, that I have AGFA Scanner.
> Does anybody know what causes this problem?

If you don't specify a particular backend:device combination on the command
line, xscanimage will load all the enabled backends and ask them what devices
are available. When the snapscan backend gets loaded and finds that
/dev/scanner
has an HP on it instead of what it expects, it writes out those messages.

You should be able to get rid of this by commenting out the "snapscan" line in
<installation directory>/etc/sane.d/dll.conf. The snapscan backend won't get
loaded then and you won't see those messages.

Kevin

--
Kevin Charter                        /\                      Grad Studies
charter@cs.ualberta.ca            /\/  \  Department of Computing Science