Re: sane-0.70 is out

Sascha Ziemann (szi@aibon.ping.de)
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 20:03:37 +0100

Kevin R. Charter wrote:

> You should be able to get rid of this by commenting out the "snapscan" line in
> <installation directory>/etc/sane.d/dll.conf. The snapscan backend won't get
> loaded then and you won't see those messages.

This is not the right way to do that imho. The program should start. And
after this it should be possible to select the backend. Even better
would be an automatic selection of the backend. The simple search tool
is able to find my scanner. Why is the main program not able to find it?

Now I have another funny problem. The rectangular jumps always back to
12.8 although the bottom-x says 21. When I select 4 - 6 cm the slider
on the left says 67 - 100 mm.

-- http://www.ping.de/sites/aibon/