Re: condition codes, /dev/sg, and Linux

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Mon, 05 Jan 1998 09:32:30 -0500

Matto Marjanovic writes:
>ps: Anyone have any experience with Advansys SCSI cards (e.g. PB-940U)?
> They appear to be bus-mastering, cheap, and Advansys itself wrote the
> Linux driver, but no mention is made in any HOWTO's....

I have no experience with the error handling in the Advansys driver
(which is critical with most scanners) but otherwise they seem fine.
Advansys sent us a board long ago for us to include in out distribution
testing here at Red Hat, and it works fine when we've tested with it.
I've done no performance tests.

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz