Re: Mustek 1200SP: Missing Lines

Joachim Woll (woll@physik.uni-kassel.de)
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 12:28:41 +0100

David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> Sorry to disappoint: I _cannot_ reproduce that problem. My problem
> turned out to be due to improper SCSI termination. Unfortunately, it
> appears that the "missing lines" problem is not due to termination
> problems. So I'm afraid somebody with a 1200SP scanner would have to
> debug this problem.

I am using a passive termination. So that should not be the problem.

But I think I have found what I did wrong. When I compiled sane ,
there were some incompatibilities to the qtk+ libraries I had installed,
so first I wanted to get scanimage working before trying xscanimage.
After retrieving the most recent version of qtk+ and gimp , I compiled
the graphical frontend. There I found the button "force backtracking".
Clicking on it fixed that "missing lines"-Problem.

So, some questions arise for me:
What exactly means "force backtracking"? What does it?
How cat I set this option by default? How can I supply it to the
frontend scanimage? Can I set this option in mustek.conf?

Thanks,
Joachim.