Re: Mustek 1200SP: Missing Lines

Joachim Woll (woll@physik.uni-kassel.de)
Sat, 01 Nov 1997 01:16:21 +0100

becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> This is really much ... What FW revision do you have ? What happens when setting
> backtrack=yes ?

Sane is reporting, that the firmware revision is 1.05Well, when I set "force
backtrack" within the graphical frontend the problem
seem to be fixed in gray scale mode. In color mode the tree colors are vertically
shifted
against each other.

> Ah. Seems to prove my guess that it happens at buffer boundaries.

Yes. I think so too...

> As you seem to loose many lines (I only see small misalignments, a maximum of 1 line
> maybe), you can probably check most easily :
>
> - what happens at different resoultions ? I only see the effect at medium
> resolutions of about 70-150 dpi. Higher resolutions are probably too slow moving
> or the effect it not visible enough and at lower ones, I ususally have no
> or only few boundaries.

No I see that effect at all resolutions up to 600 dpi. (That is the maximum I tried)And
as I already mentioned: In gray scale mode the "backtrack"-option
fixes the problem. But in color mode scanned pictures are looking really awful..

> - does setting the speed-parameter produce any effect ?

no. I could not recognize any change while varying the speed-parameter.

> Another thing :
>
> Do you get a lockup (! system hangs, so take care !) when scanning with
> -mode Color -resolution 111 -y 131 with the standard SCSI buffer of 32k ?

It is a bit risky when the system is hanging...
But I will try it.