Re: UMAX-ASTRA-300P

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 14:00:36 -0400

orauch@physik.uni-osnabrueck.de writes:
>We - Micheal K. Johnson and me - are working on a driver that
>shall one day work with all umax-scanners.

All *SCSI* umax scanners.

The xxxP versions are parallel-port versions, not likely to be
directly supported by our driver. There is someone considering
working on figuring out whether the xxxP versions use a standard
parallel-to-SCSI converter that could be supported by the Linux
SCSI layer, but that kind of support, if it ever does exist, is
probably a long way off still.

>The problem is, that we have an scsi-protocol that is about 2 years
>old and it looks like there have changed some little thinks we
>don't know. We hope we will get more recent informations soon... !

I got the latest versions of their documents recently. No obvious
changes that I can see vis-a-vis the Astra SCSI scanners, though
I haven't looked hard yet.

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz