Re: ScanJet 5p working with SANE

Sascha Ziemann (szi@aibon.ping.de)
Sun, 15 Jun 1997 10:20:19 +0200

David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> Send mail to hp_scan@greeley.sykes.com. They have an SDK that
> describes everything. The only downside is that the sample source
> code is copyrighted in a way that makes it useless for free software.
> But the docs are very good. Oh, you may also indicate that you do not
> want a CD-ROM in the Joliet filesystem format.

Thanx! I will try this.

> Would you be interested in fixing the decipoint vs. pixel problem that
> exists on the 5p? (The 4c can handle both command types.)

I don´t know if I know enough about SCSI programming, because I have
never done that, although I realy want to start with it now (I want to
get access to the Plextor and my CD-Burner). Perhaps you know something
nice that can be used as a tutorial (some easy to read code or some text
info).

I definitely want to extend the GTK-Interface, because that is what I
know about. Some entries to enter the exact values (dpi etc) will be the
first step. Furthermore I would like to define a template machanism like
that of the Windows software, but of course without to be forced to use
that.

-- bis später...
- Sascha ---<~>=( http://www.ping.de/sites/aibon/ )=<~>---

() Free speech online