Re: sane and java?

Guido Muesch (odiug@faho.rwth-aachen.de)
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 00:32:11 +0100 (MET)

On 12 Mar, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> Guido> Therefor my question: Is the network interface "documented"
> Guido> or subject to changes? (From looking into the sources it
> Guido> looks pretty promising).
>
> The protocol changed between 0.42 and pre0.5, but should be fairly
> stable now. The new encoding isn't documented yet. It's on my
> ever-growing list of things to do. The encoding is straight-forward
> though. Just look at frontend/saned.c and
> sanei/sanei_{net,wire,codec_bin}.[ch].
>
> Guido> Anybody thought about that?
>
> I didn't, but it sounds like an interesting idea. Are you interested
> in pursuing this?

Interested yes.

But I have nearly no experience with Java, beside playing around with
"Hello World" style programs. Nevertheless I would be interested in
doing something with Java. My time is also limited because I am working
on my thesis right now.

But if no one else is interested, I would have a look at it anyway, but
I cannot promise anything.

Maybe I should wait until things settle up (sane-0.5, JDK1.1 for
Linux).

Ciao
Guido