Re: sane-0.3: it's almost for real now!

Tristan Tarrant (tst@orthanc.isengard.com.galactica.it)
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 18:51:31 +0000 (GMT)

On 14 Dic, sane-devel@azstarnet.com wrote:
> Tristan, do you have an idea of how long it will take to get the
> preview working? It looks like you made some real nice progress with
> the graphical frontend, so it may be worth waiting for that before
> announcing things more widely.

I am currently in the middle of a few job interviews, so I don't have
much time to work on the frontend. First thing to fix is the sane_cancel
problem you mentioned in an earlier post. I'll try and do that asap.
Next up is the preview. At the moment the preview area is always A4 in
size, but obviously the maximum size should come from the backend. Then
I'll add the actual preview code. I am playing about with the various
visuals.
Also I have a little question: for backends like the PNM one, there is
no max width/height. Should I set the preview area to some dummy size,
changing it when the backend figures out the sizes, or should the
preview area not appear at all ?

Tristan

--
 - Lo sai che la tua faccia assomiglia a uno che vale 1000 dollari ?
 - Si', ma tu non somigli a quello che li incassa. Due passi indietro...

---